Do you know that sky’s the limit when you use the power of data analytics tools in your organization or business? The word “Data” has been known to us for a very long time. We have been interpreting and examining data for a long time.
In this modern era, about 2.5 Quintillion bytes are being generated today and what do you think, how do we handle this large number of data sets? Well, the answer is through the tools used in data analytics.
What Is Data Analytics?
Well, the first question that arises is what is data analytics and why should we use data management tools to analyze data? The world where we live is, and technology is at its peak. In this modern digital world, the amount of data that is being generated is difficult to handle.
This is where big data analytics tools come in handy. The word data means a raw piece of information and analysis means to analyze the information. When we combine the two words data & analytics, it means the process of examining and interpreting the sets of data to make informed decisions.
Data analytics involves different computational tools and statistical analysis for the purpose of making informed decisions. The tools are used in different industries ranging from marketing to the healthcare department.
How To Choose the Best Data Analytics Tools?
Selecting the perfect data analytical tool can prove to be a boon for your business. Seeking counsel from a data analyst is a wise move. Your project’s specific requirements and necessities must be taken into account when selecting the right tool.
By delving deep into your data and performing beneficial analysis, you can pinpoint the tool that will work best for you. It is also essential to keep your audience’s desires and preferences. Align your services with their needs to ensure satisfaction.
Top 6 Data Analytics Tools
There are the best data analytics tools available here.
Microsoft Excel, the globally recognized spreadsheet software from Microsoft Corporation, is your go-to solution for managing and organizing data in a tabular format.
With a wide range of plugins and functions, Excel offers limitless possibilities for manipulating and analyzing data. The program’s rows and columns can be customized to fit your specific needs, while its powerful calculation capabilities allow for the seamless performance of complex tasks.
Features Of Excel
Some of the main features of Excel are as follows:
The excel spreadsheet allows you to easily organize data in tabular form. The rows and columns of excel make it easy to arrange and sort the data. Excel allows users to easily access a large amount of data in a well-organized and structured manner.
Excel consists of multiple mathematical operations that make it easy to perform different sorts of calculations. Users can perform addition, multiplication, subtraction, and division. Along with this multiple complex and statistical functions can be performed by using formulas.
Graphs and Charts
Excel spreadsheets allow the user to view the data in graphs and charts form. This makes it easy to understand and analyze the data to make well-informed decisions. The visual representation of the data makes it easier to understand the patterns in the data.
Macros and Automation
Microsoft Excel consists of macros and automation features. The feature is used to create multiple repetitive tasks. This saves the time of the user and makes the workflow more efficient.
Microsoft Excel allows you to highlight specific important cells and the required information. Users can easily highlight numeric or quantitative data they want for sorting purposes.
Advantages Of Excel
Some of the advantages of excel are as follows:
- The software is easy to use and learn. Even for beginners, excel is an easy tool that is helpful in many operations and is part of Microsoft office.
- Excel allows different users to work on the same spreadsheet. This helps to easily collaborate with your team members.
- Mostly used for data wrangling and reporting
- Consists of different analysis tools that help to filter, sort, and pivot tables.
- A free tool that is available to everyone and is used worldwide.
Disadvantages Of Excel
Some of the disadvantages of excel are as follows:
- Excel has limited scalability. It becomes difficult to manage when you have to manage large amounts of data.
- There are some issues with security in excel. The tool isn’t that secure when you have to deal with sensitive data.
- In dealing with large amounts of data there are some errors and issues that can occur.
- Excel is vulnerable to data corruption.
Different data analytics tools are present which are widely used. R is one of them. It is an open source programming language that is used for statistical analysis and computing of data. It helps easily analyze the data.
The language was developed in the mid-1990s in New Zealand at the University of Auckland. It was developed by Ross Ihaka and Robert Gentleman. R language is similar to the python language and also has a network of freely available codes that are known as the Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN)
Features Of R
Some of the main features of R are as follows:
- Open-Source: free to use, modify, and distribute
- Comprehensive statistical analysis: for data analysis, classification, clustering, etc.
- Large community: supports the development of packages and provides resources
- Cross-platform: works on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- Data manipulation: powerful tools for data cleaning and preprocessing, including subsetting and reshaping.
Advantages Of R
Some of the advantages of R are as follows:
- Open source software
- R is an independent platform
- Best for statistical modeling visualization and data analysis.
- Consists of a lot of packages
- Easy to manipulate and preprocess data for analyzation
- Highly compatible with other platforms.
- Consists of various graphic and visual tools that make it easy to predict and understand data.
Disadvantages Of R
Some of the disadvantages of R are as follows:
- Difficult to learn than python. Has a steep learning curve.
- Has a poor management system.
- R language is slower and crashes can occur.
- Lack of security
- Does not have a graphical user interface.
Python: high-level, versatile, readable programming language with extensive libraries. Launched in 1991 by Guido van Rossum, popular in web dev and machine learning. The language is used in web development, machine learning, and more.
- Simple and Easy: Python is an easy and simple language that has an easy-to-learn syntax.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: The language is compatible with multiple platforms. A single code can be applied to multiple platforms.
- Interpreted language: Python is an interpreted language, meaning that the code can be run directly without the need for a compiler.
- Object-Oriented Programming: Python is a language that allows the creation of reusable code that can be easily maintained and updated.
- Large Standard Library: The python language comes with a large standard library, providing a wide range of pre-built functions.
Some of the advantages of python are as follows:
- Python programming language is easy to learn.
- Code is easy to understand and write in python.
- Consists of third-party libraries and frameworks. This provides additional functionality and tools for developers to use in their projects.
- Can be easily integrated with other languages. This helps the developers build complex applications.
Some of the disadvantages of python are as follows:
- As python is an interpreted language which it is slower to be compiled with other languages.
- The language is not ideal for mobile development. It can be used but it is not the best option.
- Although the code of python is easy to read and understand, its simplicity also makes it a threat where the code needs to be secured.
Jupyter Notebook is one of the data analytics tools that is widely used. If you want to create interactive documents then the Jupyter Notebook web application is for you. Users can easily visualize data in different ways. If the user wants to develop interactive services and computational documents then the jupyter notebook is the way.
The open-source interactive environment allows you to create live code, also different mathematical equations and narrative texts. Jupyter Notebook can be integrated with different programming languages that include python, PHR, and R.
Features Of Jupyter Notebook
Jupyter Notebook allows users to write and execute code in real time. This makes it an ideal environment for visualization, data analysis, and machine learning tasks.
Jupyter Notebook supports markdown language, which allows users to add rich text, images, and equations, to their notebooks.
Users can also share their notebooks easily via email, GitHub, or other online platforms.
Multi Language Support:
Jupyter Notebook can be integrated with multiple programming languages that include Python, R, Julia, and Scala.
Some of the advantages of Jupyter Notebook are as follows:
- Users can easily share code with their team members.
- The Jupyter Notebook allows you easy documentation and provides explanations and context.
- Supports Markdown and HTML
- Users can save their progress and work as a single file. This helps the users to easily verify the results.
Some of the disadvantages of Jupyter Notebook are as follows:
- Difficult to learn, has a steep learning curve.
- The Jupyter Notebook can be risky if you are working with sensitive data. Some security concerns are present that need to be considered.
- Have large size files
- Consists of several libraries and packages that make it difficult to manage dependencies.
Sisense is an analytics and business intelligence tool that was developed in 2004 in New york. The tool allows large organizations and businesses to manage large amounts of data and provide analytics solutions. Sisense simplifies complex data and presents it in a user-friendly way.
Features Of Sisense
Some of the features of sisense are as follows:
- Data Connectors: The software provides connectors to different data providers that include different spreadsheets and club based applications
- Customized Dashboards: Sisense allows users to create customized dashboards that are according to their needs and requirements.
- Machine Learning: The software allows data mining and machine learning capabilities.
- In Chip Analytics: By using the sisense software users can analyze data in real time using the in memory technology.
Advantages Of Sisense
Some of the advantages of sisense are as follows:
- Sisense is a user friendly software and doesn’t require any technical expertise, making it easy for the user to analyze data
- Provides a wide range of support and training resources to the users
- Can be easily integrated with other platforms.
- Users can customize the dashboard to meet their needs.
Disadvantages Of Sisense
Some of the disadvantages of sisense are as follows:
- Limitations on data size
- Costly for small organizations, is not easy to afford
- Complex for new beginners to learn
- Limited integrated capabilities
SAS stands for statistical analysis software that is widely used for data management and business intelligence. It was developed in the 1960s at North Carolina State University. Since then the tool has been popular and has been used for a long time. It also provides a wide range of features that assists the users.
Advantages Of SAS
Some of the advantages of SAS are as follows:
The SAS tool is best if the user wants to deal with statistical analysis. It consists of different tools that include descriptive statistics, regression analysis, time series analysis, and more.
SAS is also used for managing large volumes of data that includes cleaning and integration.
The tool has a simple GUI which makes it easy to learn. If the user has knowledge regarding SAS programming then it’s an additional advantage to use the tool.
SAS offers a wide range of algorithms that helps the user build predictive models and perform other advanced analytics tasks.
SAS provides security features that include user authentication and data encryption type features. These features make it secure when the user is working with sensitive data.
Advantages Of SAS
Some of the advantages of SAS are as follows:
- Comprehensive and versatile
- Easy to learn and use.
- Widely used and supported in different industries
- Consists of powerful tools for data management
- Highly secured tool
Disadvantages Of SAS
Some of the disadvantages of SAS are as follows:
- SAS is a paid software which makes it difficult for small organizations to use it.
- Although SAS is a powerful tool, there are limited flexibility and customization options.
- Limited integration features
To conclude, data analytics tools have made it easy to manage large amounts of data. These tools have become essential for businesses and organizations if they want to thrive in this competitive environment.
Data analytic tools have changed the way we used to handle data. Now it’s much easier to get the information we need and access important files through these tools. However, undoubtedly with the evolution of technology, this software will become more powerful with more advanced features for businesses to use.